3c Whole Wheat Flour
1/2c Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
3 tsp Mexican Vanilla Extract
1.5c Applesauce (nonsweetened)
1c Egg Whites
2 pinches of salt
Pre-made/sweetened Adzuki Bean Paste (chunky is the best!!!) – depends on how much you want, I used about…. 2 cups or so. I split it into thirds and left a hefty third for the topping (to cover it completely)
Black Sesame Seeds (optional; for decoration)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix everything but the bean pasta & black sesame seeds together.
3. Spray loaf pan and put in 1/4 of the mixture in.
4. Layer in some bean paste. (I did it nice and thick down the middle)
5. Add another 1/4 of the mixture in.
6. Layer another bit of the bean paste. (Also nice and thick down the middle)
7. I added another 1/4 of the mixture and then some…
8. I added a THICK layer ALL over the top of bean paste.
9. And then a THIN layer of whatever was left of the cake mixture.
10. Bake for 40-50 min and voila!!!!
See how I layered it from the slice?