20 oz Butternut Squash (finely diced and mashed)
1 1/4c Brown Sugar
4 Large Eggs
1/2 Granny Smith Apple (peeled, diced)
Pinch of Salt
2 1/2c Whole Wheat Flour
2tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Apple Sauce
2/3c Chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line a muffin pan with muffin cups.
2. Peel and dice and roughly mash up the butternut squash.
3. Add in the 1 1/4c of Brown Sugar (you can add more if you want it sweeter) and the 4 large eggs.
4. Mix thoroughly. And then chop and peel and add in the granny smith apple.
5. Mix thoroughly. Add in salt, flour, baking powder, apple sauce, cinnamon & walnuts.
6. Use an ice cream scoop and scoop them into muffin cups so it’s almost at the top.
Makes about 20 muffins! Bake about 20-25 min
My first batch I added a cute half walnut on top of each
and the other batch I topped it with cranberry sauce (1/2c cranberries, 1/2c water, boiled down)