This week’s BSI post!!!
4 1/2″ slices of pork loin (make sure they’re all the same)
1 4″ chunk of ginger root (adjust to how gingery you want it) – half of it sliced, half grated… I used extra
2 tbs Maple Syrup
1.5 tbs Brown Sugar
10 Cloves of Garlic (use as much or as little as you want)
1. a.In a pot start boiling one cup of water with the sliced ginger and the maple syrup.
b. Once fragrant (15-20 min) take out sliced ginger and add in the sliced apricots.
c. Add in brown sugar, s+p and cook down until the apricots are mush and the sauce has thickened. Simmer and keep warm.
2. Pound down the four pieces of pork tenderloin, s+p each side.
3. Heat up EVOO in a skillet and add in 2 cloves of sliced garlic. Once the garlic starts cooking throw in two pieces of pork loin and brown both sides. Repeat.
4. Foil a sheet pan and throw in 6 cloves of sliced garlic on the bottom.
5. Place browned pork loins in pan over the garlic. I grated extra ginger over them for more of a gingery spicy burst of flavor!!!
6. Pour all but about 2 ladels of sauce over the pork loins and place in oven on 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
7. Take out the pork and plate (I did with roasted veggies), add the sauce from the drippings in the sheet pan and then add the rest of the apricot sauce on the pork.
ENJOY!!! MUY DELICIOSO :D