This was one of my favorite oatmeals I’ve ever made. I LOOOVED it. So I thought I’d share it with you all and do a mini tutorial since one of my friends (Hi Lisa!!!) wanted to know how to make oats!
First, my favorite kind is Bob’s Red Mill’s Organic Thick Rolled Oats.
Just do it!!!
Onwards… to my fabulous orgasmic Blueberry Banana Oatmeal!!!
1 1/4c Water
1 Large Banana (ripe!!!)
~1 tsp Mexican Vanilla Extract
1 package of Blueberries
1/4c Wheat Berries
1 tbs Flaxseedes
Cinnamon (to taste)
2 HEAPING blobs of yogurt (I used Wildwood Organic Soyogurt)
1 Cinnamon Stick (to garnish!!!)
1. Boil water on HI until bubbly and then pour in oats and stir.
2. Turn heat down to Med-Med Hi and stir, as the water and the oats start to congeal, cut up a banana and add/stir in.
3. Add your vanilla extract…
4. (Don’t forget to stir stir) Add in your cinnamon
5. As it starts to form more oatmeally (after a few minutes) I add in my flaxseed. :]
6. And my wheatberries (love love love the chewiness!!!)
7. When it’s a little runnier than I’d want for my consistency, I added in my blueberries (usually I add them right in the beginning so my oats turn a beautiful rich blue/purple color!!!)
8. Stir stir stir (you can still make your oats blue/purple if you want from here on out but today I wanted them whole and plump just warmed up so I only stirred them for about a minute or two until the oats fully thickened up!)
9. Pour into big gorgeous bowl (or huge mug, or anything haha, sometimes I eat it out of the pot!) and add as much as yogurt on top as you want. It makes it soooo creamy when you mix it with the oats!!! (you can also use cottage cheese, ricotta, a dab of cream cheese, anything you want, freaking ICE CREAM or PUDDING!!! hahaha)
10. Stick in a cinnamon stick and start chewing!!!
This was my FAVORITE bowl of oats EVER!!!!!… AND this is me popping my banana oats cherry :] Despite the fact that every blogger than their mother (literally!!!) has had banana in their oats, I never had. It added a sweetness that I’m not used to (I never add sugar/syrup/etc to my oats) I love the natural sweetness of fruits and veggies and this was SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! (but if you like it sweet feel free to add brown sugar, agave syrup, maple syrup, anything! I bet some toasted coconut and cinnamon chips would be DELICIOUS!!!) And the MEXICAN vanilla added a delicious smell to it, it just added to the essence of it! YUM!